If you find yourself with a need to create multiple duplicate USB flash drives, here is a fun way to get the job done quick. This method will allow you to simultaneously create as many USB drives as you have USB ports. So get your hands on a large USB hub or gather up as many smaller hubs that you can. Of course, your machine probably has a single USB controller which means you are limited to 127 devices (each hub counting as one device).
- Download and install ImageUSB.
- Take an existing SCCM USB boot drive (or other USB media) and plug it into your system.
- Launch ImageUSB and select your drive. If the drive is not listed, click Refresh Drives.
- Click Create image from USB drive and enter a location for the image.
- Click Create to create the UFD image.
Note: These steps are necessary because ImageUSB does not support CD ISO, only UFD images.
- Attach all of the USB drives you want to create and click Refresh Drives.
- Click Select All.
- Click Write image to USB drive.
- Browse to the image file we created earlier.
- Click Write.
- When complete, go look in the mirror and smile knowing you did something awesome today!