In this post I am going to show you how to integrate MDT 2013 Update 1 with ConfigMgr 2012. These two products are generally used together. If you are not already using MDT you are missing out on a lot of additional fire power. For instance, MDT 2013 Update 1 adds about 280 additional enhancements, OSD simulated environment, real-time monitoring, user-driven installation (UDI) wizard, dynamic deployments and more.
I also want to note in the steps below I will not be upgrading to Windows 10 ADK. It is not required for the SCCM 2012 integration. However, if you plan to capture or deploy Win10 devices or use an MDT Deployment Share you will be required to upgrade to Windows 10 ADK. I provide a walk through of this install in this blog post.
- Download MDT 2013 Update 1 (build 8298) from here.
Note: It’s good practice to make sure you have a full backup of your server and SQL database before continuing.
- Run the setup and click Next at the Welcome screen.
- Accept the license agreement and click Next.
- Leave the default setting to install on the local drive and click Next.
- Select whether or not you want to join Microsoft’s Customer Experience Improvement Program and click Next.
- Click Install to start the installation.
- When the installation is completed, click Finish.
- Launch the Configure ConfigMgr Integration tool.
- Select Install the MDT extensions for Configuration Manager, as well as both options to install the MDT console extensions and task sequence actions.
- Enter your ConfigMgr 2012 site server name and site code.
- Click Next.
- When complete, verify the integration was successful and click Finish.
- Launch the ConfigMgr console.
- Navigate to the Operating Systems node and expand Task Sequences.
- Notice you now have the option to create an MDT Task Sequence.