This morning I ran into some errors when making changes to an OSD task sequence. The first was after adding a new driver package and trying to save the changes. ‘Failed to save the TS package instance due to error 80041001.’
I also tried to modify the boot media assigned to the task sequence and received another error. ‘Object version mismatch…Error 0x80480b00.’
These same errors could be reproduced when editing any task sequence. I attempted to refresh the ConfigMgr console and even launched the console directly from the Primary Site without success. I restarted the SMS_Executive service and the problem went away temporarily but returned shortly after. The resolution was to restart the Primary site server. The problem has not returned. Hope this is helpful to someone out there. Have a great day!