So you have enabled Enterprise Mode for your organization. What now? How do you troubleshoot legacy website issues? Unfortunately Enterprise Mode does not magically resolve your issues. You need to determine what document mode to set for each site having issues. Here is a guide on how to identify what document mode will resolve your legacy site issues. Once you have this information you can be a hero and this is when the magic happens. Using an Enterprise Mode site list you can publish a list to all clients to specify what document mode each site will render in.
- Open IE11 and navigate to the site having problems.
- Press F12 to open the Developer Tools.
- Click on the Emulation Tab (#1 below).
- Starting with Edge (default) document mode (#2 below), test the site. If this document mode does not resolve the problem, select IE10 mode and test again. Continue testing each document mode, working your way down to the lowest, until you find a mode that resolves the problem.
- If this resolved the problem stop here. This is the document mode you will need to set to resolve the site issues.
- Change the Browser Profile to Enterprise (#1 below).
Note: Enterprise Browser mode provides higher compatibility for legacy sites than the Document mode alone. IE8 emulation uses the original user agent string, and IE7 emulation uses the original compatibility view mode.
- Test each Document Mode starting with 8 (#2 below) and working your way down to the lowest, until you find a mode that resolves the problem. This is the Enterprise mode you will need to set to resolve the site issues.